Monday, January 31, 2011

DAY 31: How to Lose 20 lbs. of Fat in 30 Days...1200 Calories per Day

Hey Folks!
So guess what....I didn't loose any extra weight this last week.  So I only lost 8 pounds for the month.  Isn't that a bunch of crocket :-/  But what do you expect when you don't do any exercise.  Basically my take on the 4-Hour Body slow carb diet is that it isn't for me :-)   But I wanted to finish the diet out for the full 30 days.  Towards the end I really missed not being able to have some yogurt and an apple in the morning for breakfast.  And  I just missed having a balanced diet all together.  I feel like I need to do exercise, but i wanted to stay true to what was mentioned in the book, so I did not do much exercise during the month. 

For the month of February I will be going back to what works for me, which is counting calories and exercise.  I will consuming 1200 calories a day and working out at least 2 days a week.  I don't want to start out with some crazy workout schedule that I know I won't be able to stick with and then feel guilty about it in the end.  I am going to keep the DGW day because I think it really helps prevent you from cheating throughout the week when you know there is a day set aside just for that.


In the past when i counted calories I used the DietMinder Personal Food & Fitness journal.  I wrote everything I ate in that book.  I recorded how much water I drank, exercise for the day and daily vitamins I took.  It has an area where you can also write little notes in it about how you feel.  I sometimes look at my old DietMinder books just to see what my weight was or what I was eating ect...
This time I am going to use an application I downloaded on my phone called MyFitness.  MyFitness allows you to track your calories, water intake, exercise, weight and add notes.  You can also access MyFitness on the web @ http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

So when I leave work today I will go buy light yogurt, apples and a cart full of frozen meals.  Since I only cook for myself I am able to get away with living off of frozen meals.  It makes life so much easier...the calories are printed right on the box and takes less than 5 minutes to cook :-)
And That's All Folks!!!

Calorie Counter   
MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

No comments: