Monday, January 10, 2011

DAY 10: How to Lose 20 lbs. of Fat in 30 Days

Hey All!  I am still here and still sticking to the diet plan.  On the "Dieters Gone Wild" day on Saturday I was surprised to find myself not very hungry and did not have all the major cravings that i had days before.  In fact I kind of forced myself to eat certain things just because I knew I wouldn't get the chance to do it until next Saturday.

The idea of doing this blog and sharing it with people I know is already starting to work its' wonders.  Saturday I was walking in the mall trying to find something to wear to my sister's Bday dinner.  As I gazed into the window of Godiva I could almost taste the chocolate on my tongue and I almost backed up to walk into the store.  But when I looked up I locked eyes with a friend and follower of this blog.  Now what are the chances of that happening right when I was ready to go buy some chocolate covered strawberries and a box of chocolate :-)  I know it was on my cheat day, but i planned on buying a box and know I wouldn't have finished them all on Saturday.  I doubt she even realized that she saved me from consuming about 3000 calories.  So thank you Tiffini for popping up when you did. 

On Sunday I had planned on going to the 12:00 Bikram class.  I was still in bed at 10:30 and felt myself wanting to skip out.  My girlfriend Akilah called and said she couldn't make the 12:00 class but was going at 6 so I said I would do the same.  Well when 6 started getting closer I started to feel lazy and thought to myself "I'll go tomorrow".  Sent a text to Akilah asking if she wanted to go tomorrow instead and she said "No, we have to go today".  My first Bikram class since 2009 and almost 50 pounds heavier was not how I remembered it in the past.  It felt horrible to bend down and feel my stomach getting in the way of me stretching.  I have always had trouble doing exercise because of my chest (I am very top heavy), but never because of my GUT.  I couldn't even lay flat on my back and feel comfortable because my butt was lifting me off the ground...SMH...I have to get this weight off.  I think I did more sitting on my mat breathing during each pose than actually doing the poses. 

Well I am going to sign off here even though I could go on for hours.

And That's All Folks!

My cheat day meal at Eatonville:  Fried chicken, mac n cheese, greens and the smallest biscuit in the world.  Yep that is a little teeny tiny biscuit next to fork.  LOL

4 comments:

Sara said...

I am really loving reading your blog!
I also just started Tim Ferriss' slow carb diet - and am on week 2 - already with about 5lbs weight loss:)
I am finding this way of eating fits my personality much more than many other diets have in the past, because the foods that are featured in it are the foods that I enjoy anyway.

I also thought I would go crazier on my DGW day, but surprised myself but still eating pretty much in moderation (pizza!)

Looking forward to keeping up with your weight loss adventure:)
keep up the great work!

NJT said...

Thanks for sharing Sara!! My sister also said she wasn't that hungry on DGW day. I wonder if we all will feel the same way this week? Please keep us posted with your progress, it is great to know others are doing the same diet so we can compare notes. Great job kicking those 5lbs to the Curb!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi,
I just found your blog, doing a search for loosing 10 pounds in 30 days. I'd like to know more about what you're doing, eating, etc? I feel overwhelmed by all the info on spark people, etc.
I could certainly feel for ya on the yoga stuff, love how it makes me feel but put off doing it...Enjoyed reading,
Thanks,
Kim

NJT said...

Hi Kim. Thanks for stopping by!! I am using a diet plan described in the book "The 4 Hour Body". You can read more about it on one of my first posted blog where I describe the details. The link to that post is located here : http://ms-dmv.blogspot.com/2010/12/how-to-lose-20-lbs-of-fat-in-30-days.html

For the most part it is a slow-carb diet with minimal exercise. After the first 30 days I plan to increase my exercise regimen.