Friday, January 14, 2011

Who is George?

I first met George back when I was about 12 years old.  Before I actually met George I would hear people talk about him all the time.  A couple of my friends had actually met him before me and would act like they were sooo grown and "special" because George was now their special friend.  Well let me tell you this...sometimes I wish I never met George.  After I met him I couldn't get rid of him.  He drops by every month and some times unannounced.  He puts me in such a bad mood at times, that most folks don't want to be around me for a couple days.  He is a PAIN in my A ...well feels more like a pain in head and stomach cramps.  And then when he is around I crave all types of junk food.  I don't know if it is the junk food but for some reason my clothes fit tight and my scale is always going up when it should be going down. Damn that GEORGE...DAMN DAMN DAMN!

GOOD NEWS FLASH
Well if any of you out there know George then I have some good news for you if you are following the slow carb diet plan.  Timothy Ferris author of the 4-Hour Body states that you should ignore scale readings in the 10 days before menstruation.  He advises that since women tend to retain much more water just before their periods to treat your first weighing following your period as your "after" measurement.  I don't know about the before thing...but I do know I always retain water during my visit with George.

No comments: