Monday, February 28, 2011

DAY 59: Caught in Middle of Drive-By While Counting Calories

Hey Folks I am still here!

Well lots of things to update you all on.  My DGW day on 02/19/2011 ended up being a 4 day long food binge.  I don't know what happened...well actually I know what happened, I ate whatever I wanted for four days straight because I had a long weekend and didn't have to go back to work until Wednesday.  I feel like I am a drug addict.  I mean I was doing fine but once I got a little taste of the good stuff then I just wanted to taste a little more.  I even felt like I was doing a secret drive-by.  I had my dark clothes on, hoodie pulled low over my face and made sure no one I knew was looking as I slowly drove up to the window and placed my order..."Can I get a #5.  And make sure you SuPerSiZe it".  Yep it was a sad site to see.

So I have been in detox for the past week.  Sticking to my my 1200 calories a day and the cravings are finally gone.  I think if I don't have anymore long weekends I will be OK and not fall off the wagon again.  I have a miniature pinscher dog and she is also on a little diet.  One evening she wanted a dog treat so bad that she just kept barking at me.  It was so hilarious that I had to video tape her.  So hope you get a good laugh from it.


I am still stuck at around 10 to 11 pounds lost.  And I know it is because I am not getting up off this butt of mine and exercising.  I just can't seem to talk myself into making that trip to the gym.  What would make me go to the gym?  Maybe if I would get $100 dollars every time I went to the gym.  Or maybe if I was guaranteed to loose 5 pounds a week if I go 5 times a week.  But I know that won't happen...or will it?

Honestly I had my hopes really high and thought I would be down 20 pounds by the time March 16th rolled around.  March 16th I will be singing some jazz tunes at the infamous Blues Alley located in Georgetown Washington DC.  Despite me not being 20 pounds lighter when I step onto the stage, I am pleased that I am 10 pounds lighter and a step closer to a healthier me.

MS. DMV's Weight Loss Journey


3 comments:

Downes, RN said...

Oh man. I have to admit, I just ate 5, (got that, 5), slices of dominoes.

Am I ever going to lose this weight? I feel like I'M doing a drive by!

Jason said...

Ok, first...you're singing at Blues Alley?!?!?! Holy crap! I hope you have an amazing time! Isn't that like the DC grail of singers?

As for your drive by...it happens. The important part is you realized it before 4 days turned into a week and did something about it! Just a thought: since I don't know you I can't tell, but is 1200 too low for you and your body wanted more?

Don't feel bad about not losing the other 10. The 10 you lost is better than not losing 10! :)

@T-diddy...Keep going, you'll lose it eventually! Day by day. It's not a race, it's a journey.

-j

NJT said...

Hey Jason!
Yes it is a great honor to be able to sing at Blues Alley and I am Sooo very excited. The date actually changed and I will be performing on the 22nd of this month. I have been taking a Jazz vocal workshop and will be singing 3 songs with the Chris Grasso Trio. http://www.bluesalley.com/events.cfm

At my current weight in order for me to lose 2 pounds a week I need to consume 1280 calories a day. For the recommended 1 pound per week then I should consume 1780 calories. I try to stay around 1200 - 1300 and if I go over a little then I know that I should still lose some weight. But you are right, I might need to consider going up to about 1400 or 1500 so I won't feel like I am starving.

Thanks so much for your input and encouragement!!!