Friday, March 4, 2011

DAY 63: I LOVE TO EAT FOOD!!!!!

I don't need to deny it, in fact I am going to start embracing it.  Embracing the fact that I love to eat food.  The problem with eating food is that if you eat to much of it you will BLOW uP!!!  So how do I eat all the food that I love and not BLOW UP!  Well for starters I am watching how many calories I eat.  At this point in order for me to loose weight I am only allowing myself 1200 calories a day.  Once I hit a goal weight I will be able to increase my calories so that I can maintain my weight.   But for now I am stuck with only 1200 a day.  I know you might think that 1200 isn't enough and almost impossible to do.  Well it is possible but I need to be creative sometimes and be on the look out to find new things to satisfy my LOVE for food. 

My latest and greatest find are those 99 cent bags of Funyuns.  First let me tell you that my junk food of choice are chips, Fritos and tortilla chips with some sort of cheese dip.  I don't even buy large bags of chips because I know I will eat the whole thing in one night.  The calories are so VERY high in the chip department and make it difficult for me to fit it into my 1200 calories a day routine.  So when I saw a bag of Funyuns and it said 220 calories for 1 serving and the serving was the whole bag...I felt a tear come to my eye.  I made sure I purchased some sugar free gum so that I wouldn't make anyone else tear up also :-)

The other night I decided to try out a couple of low calorie recipes.  I had a friend over and he got to try out the appetizers I prepared.  He didn't think they lacked anything in the taste department considering they were low calorie.  I will post the full recipes and directions in the near future.

Onion Rings (155 Calories a serving)
Baked with batter made from Fiber One Bran cereal and Fat Free Liquid Egg Beater.  One large onion is a serving so you get a lot to eat with this recipe.  The one down fall is that it was difficult to make the breading batter stick to the onion.  Oh and make sure you have plenty of mints on stand by :-D

Wonton Tacos (191 per serving...4 Tacos)

Made with square wonton wrappers, BBQ shredded chicken, Sesame Ginger coleslaw mix with cilantro.  I had a little trouble with making the wonton wrappers wide enough to hold the filling.  Next time I know exactly how wide they need to be.  I loved the Sesame Ginger coleslaw mix, it created a tangy bite and complimented the spicy BBQ chicken well.  And they were so cute!!!


Chicken Taquitos (197 Calories per serving...3 Taquitos)
Made with yellow corn tortillas, canned fat-free white chicken breast, salsa (I used spicy hot salsa), taco seasoning and shredded fat-free cheddar cheese.  Ok well this recipe didn't work out for me so I switched it up.  I must have purchased the wrong yellow corn tortilla because I couldn't get it to soften up in the microwave, so I trashed the tortillas and used wonton wrappers instead.  They were crispy, spicy and very tasty treats!!!

No comments: