Monday, February 28, 2011

DAY 59: March Madness with Kettlebells and The PAGG Stack

Since I don't like going to the gym I wanted to create a workout that I could do at home.  After a little research I discovered that the Kettlebells give the best full body workout with minimal time involved.
If you've never heard of kettlebells, you aren't alone. Although this piece of strength training equipment has been around for decades, only recently has it caught the attention of mainstream athletes.  Kettlebells are bowling ball-sized cast iron weights with a single looped handle on top. Kettlebells range in weight from two pounds to over 100 pounds.  Read More here

I will make sure I post videos of some of my workout sessions!  Also since I enjoy the Wii Michael Jackson Dance Experience so much I will even post a video of me doing a couple of MJ moves ;-)  But I won't be letting you know when, so I guess you just have to keep checking back to see me hit a couple pelvis thrust along with a kick and quick spin!!!

I also decided that I need to start taking some sort of vitamin supplements.  Along with taking my "One A Day" multi-vitamin I wanted to add in some supplements that promote weight loss.  Last month I did the 30 day slow carb diet created by Tim Ferris.  Tim Ferris recommended taking a combination of Policosanol, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, Green Tea Extract and Garlic.  When these four supplements are combined they have found to increase weight loss.  Instead of buying all the individual supplments I found a supplier who combined all supplments into a easy to take tablet.
The PAGG Stack is 4 supplements:  Policosanol, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, Green Tea Extract and Garlic.
All of the supplements work together to increase weight loss, but each does have a specific purpose.
  • Alpha-lipoic acid directs your carbohydrate intake to your muscles and liver instead of sending it to your fat cells.
  • Green Tea Flavanols prevents the storage of carbohydrates in fat cells.
  • Garlic extract have been shown to make fat regain more difficult.
  • Policosanol has benefited Tim Ferris and his other followers with increased fat loss while taking the AGG combination.
The PAGG Stack is taken 4 times a day, 6 days a week before meals and before going to bed. 

MS. DMV's Weight Loss Journey





1 comment:

Jason said...

I love a kettlebell! It's such an easy way to get really great exercise. With one piece of equipment and a couple motions and just a few minutes, you feel it in your calves, thighs, glutes, core, chest, arms, back...it's like a complete home gym!

I also started PAGG this week. It was mostly a "try and see" kinda thing, but I'm digging the results. Official measurement day is Tuesday, but as of Friday morning I was down 2 lbs. The only difference from the week before was PAGG.

Keep it up!

-j