Wednesday, April 13, 2011

DAY 103: Taking A Vacation From My Diet...

Hey Folks!

I am really looking forward to vacationing in Montego Bay Jamaica next week!!!  Yep I am going to an all-inclusive 5 star resort for 5 days.  I am hoping that this vacation won't destroy what little progress I have made this year.  However, I do plan on enjoying myself to the fullest which includes lounging on the beach, having breakfast in bed, eating at all the 5 star restaurants and drinking all the cocktails offered at this resort.  Can I gain 12 pounds in 5 days?  It has taken me 3 months to lose 12 pounds but I fear that I could easily gain 12 pounds in 5 days.  That just doesn't seem right. 

I guess I should be more committed to staying on the diet while on vacation.  But I am sorry...I mean I just put out all this money for this vacation and I just can't see passing up on all the great food and drinks that are included at this all-inclusive.  I don't plan on eating until I'm about to pop, but I feel like just eating the average American size entree will make me gain weight.

Oh well...I am not going to stress over it while on my stress free relaxing vacation.  Just know that I will be focused and hitting it hard when I return from the islands.  I am aiming for losing 5+ pounds for the month of April.

How can I say No to all this...

Iberostar Grand Rose Hall







MS. DMV's Weight Loss Journey

3 comments:

Jason said...

Your vacation sounds amazing! But I would really, really encourage you to not just drop everything and forget it. :) Otherwise you *will* gain weight. Decide to behave as much as you can. You really won't regret it. Make wise choices on the food (there's got to be some really great fresh fish there!), and get your dance on! :)

Seriously, don't ignore it completely, but also relax and don't feel bad if you go nuts. I just know I always feel bad when I decide to go nuts. One time my week-long decision turned into 2 months and 30 lbs. Yeah. Crazy. ;)

But most of all, have fun!

-j

NJT said...

You are absolutely right Jason. Thanks for checking me and offering the encouraging words!!! What you said really hit home especially after I got on the scale today and I waved goodbye to one more pound along with moving to the next notch in my belt to tighten the fit! I am finally getting to a point where I can see and feel a difference in my weight loss.
I am going to take advantage of some of the physical activities offered at the resort and I will not do 5 days of DGW!!!
Thanks Again Jason!!!!

Jason said...

Haha! Fantastic! Yeah, I was super excited when my belt naturally moved down a notch. I ran down the hallway to show my wife, like a proud kindergartner who just drew his first masterpiece.

It's going to be such a beautiful place to walk around where you're going! Plus the ocean will just be begging you to play around in it.

When you get back, it would be awesome to read a post with tips on how to have a great AND healthy vacation! :)

Have a great trip!

-j